Writing Genres: Engaging Children as Writers (Senior Classes)
This workshop will be of particular interest and relevance to all primary teachers, teaching senior classes, who are keen to develop children as writers across a range of genres. The workshop will focus on the essential skills in writing while also highlighting practices that can foster positive attitudes towards writing.
The workshops will provide opportunities for teachers to;
- Plan for writing in the Primary Language Curriculum
- Explore a variety of genres
- Consider how to develop the relationship between reading and writing
- Choose suitable approaches for assessment
- Analyse inclusive approaches to writing that support all learners
- Discuss effective pedagogical practice
The Writing Genres Workshop will be delivered by Máire Love who is a Lecturer in Special Education at St Angelas’s College in Sligo.