Essential Digital Skills for the SET Teacher
This innovative online Summer course has been developed with the aim of improving the SET teacher’s confidence in availing of the many digital technology programs to enhance the learning of pupils with SEN. If you are currently working as an SET or have been assigned an SET role for the coming school year, this is the ideal opportunity to harness the potential of digital technologies to enhance pupil engagement, to improve literacy and numeracy skills, to reduce challenging behaviour by providing tools to achieve real success and to assist you with diagnostic assessment.
- Explore literacy, numeracy and assessment software and guide you through how to customise until you get the worksheet you need.
- Introduction to literacy and numeracy websites and creating resources for pupils with SEN (SENteacher and Sightwords).
- Adding Google Chrome Apps/Extensions to assist pupils with SEN (Google Dictionary, Chrome Speak, Open Dyslexic font, Read and Write for Google Chrome).
- Using Assessment software with pupils with SEN (Lucid Lass, Lucid Cops, Lexia, SuperSpell, Kahoot, Mentimeter).
- Exploration of summative and diagnostic assessment tools (digital and non-digital) currently in use (Quest, Neale Analysis, MIST and others).
- Exploration of suitable apps for use on tablets or other devices
- Using Google Docs and Slides to support pupils with SEN.
- Using SeeSaw to support pupils with SEN and creating ePortfolios.
The course will be taking place via Zoom Meetings over 5 days from 9:30am-2:00pm
on Thursday 1st - Wednesday 7th July, and is eligible for EPV days..Fee: €50 (non-refunfable).
The aim of our tutor team is to make the course as interactive and as close to face to face delivery as possible, and we will be using new video conferencing equipment to ensure a high level of interaction involving feedback, engagement, discussion and Q & A sessions. There will be a strong emphasis on fun throughout the week involving icebreakers, Kahoot quizzes for revision and virtual coffee breaks to encourage discussion and chat.
If you are ready to participate in a whole new adventure in the provision of online courses, if you are ready for the challenge of getting the most from digital technology for the benefit of the pupils with SEN in your care, then this is the summer course for you.