Strategies to Promote Wellbeing among students with SEN
September 12th & 19th (7pm)
The course will focus on the role of the teacher in the promotion of well-being for all students, as well as the well-being of staff.
Edmond Scannell will explore how schools can support well-being among students with particular reference to students with SEN, in accordance with the Well-Being Policy Statement and Framework for Practice 2018-2023 (revised October 2019)
This two-part webinar will cover strategies to help promote a sense of:
- Safety - Physical & Emotional
- Calm - Environment, Communication & Regulation
- Connectedness -Re-establish predictable routines & Teach new routines
- Self and Community Efficacy - Independence , Communication & Self-advocacy
- Hope - Positive Language, Strengths & Emphasise fun activities
- Tolerating Uncertainty-Sources, Responses & Coping
- Tackling Your Feelings:
- Self - Care
- Self - Awareness
This course is suitable for both Primary and Post-Primary Teachers.