Concern Primary Schools Debating Competition
Over the past number of years, Schools in the Sligo Education Centre catchment area have taken part in the Primary Debating Ireland National Project. Feedback has been extremely positive. Participants compete with other schools on a league basis culminating with a local winner. The Local winners will go forward to a Regional final. This is an extremely worthwhile project and we would encourage you to consider participating.
Míle Buíochas to all the schools who have expressed an interest in participating in Concern Primary school debates 2018/19.
By now you will have received details from us on the schedule of debates.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 071 9138700 for support
Debates Motions 2018-2019
Below are the motions for this academic year. Your class will not be debating all motions. Sligo education centre will advise which motions your class will be debating
- Climate change is not our problem
- Genetically modified food is essential in the fight against world hunger
- To be serious about climate change is to give up eating meat
- People should be fined for not recycling
- Irish youth are doing their fair share to end poverty and hunger in the developing world
- The Sustainable Development Goals will not be achieved by 2030
- Food waste should be made illegal
- We shouldn’t have water charges in Ireland
- Ireland should do away with cars
- Today’s children will inherit a better world
To help you get started, download our list of tips and research links here.