Practical Ways to use Movement to Regulate Anger in the Classroom-Move it or Lose it
Oct 10th (5pm)
Facilitator: Hayley Rice
Child and adolescent psychotherapist, Play Therapist, MA MIAHIP MIAPTP
Taking strategy no. 5 "Move it or Lose It" from Dr. Daniel Siegels book "The whole Brain Child", this webinar will introduce teachers and SNA's to Dr. Siegel's research on the brain, regulation and how we can help children to move through big feelings safely. The "hand model" of the brain will be taught- a practical way for teachers and children alike to understand what happens to them inside when a big feeling surfaces.
This will include an
- Outline of the zones of regulation.
- Benefits to using a variety of movement with dysregulated children will be discussed.
- Perceived limitations to the use of movement- such as safety, weather, space will be addressed.
- A number movement based activities and strategies will be provided. These will be playful, child-centred and accessible for all.
- Opportunities for questions and answers will be provided.
A list of further resources for teachers will be available for attendees.