Google Workspace For Education from the Start
Tools to Aid Teaching and Learning in the Classroom
Jan 24th (6.45pm) 5 sessions
In response to the feedback from our previous Google Apps in Education webinars, hosted by Adrian Keena, we have decided to formalise the workshops and offer every participant the opportunity to seriously engage and fully develop their skills over a five-week period. Our aim is to have these online courses as close to the face-to-face experience as possible. Therefore, we have limited the number of attendees to 12. So, if you feel you would like to take your Google skills to the next level please review the full schedule below:
- All workshops will involve file management in the cloud, file saving and sharing.
- All workshops will be 90 mins in length with two activities set for completion for the following week – 1 hour of independent learning activities each week, feedback provided by course tutor.
- Full participation in the workshops is best achieved by logging on to Zoom with a mobile device and logging on to Google Apps with a desktop or laptop.
- A Google Apps for Education account will be provided for every participant.
- Shared Google Doc will be provided to record queries during the week to be addressed in a Q and A session which will be part of each workshop.
- Certificates will be presented to those that complete the five modules.
- Tues Jan 24th - Google Docs – from the start, basic skills, all new activities, especially for the 15 new participants but open to those who attended before Christmas and would appreciate the opportunity to revisit and revise.
- Tues Jan 31st – Google Slides – as above -great opportunity to see the power of Google Slides for projects whether individual, small group or large group.
- Tues Feb 7th – Google Forms – A chance to see just how useful this app could be in encouraging pupils to engage with homemade surveys, graphs and data collection.
- Tues Feb 21st – Google Classroom – each participant will firstly contribute to the group class and respond to the activities set for the class. Later they will create their own class, own activities, and assign to their class.
- Tues Feb 28th – Google Sites and Course Revision – a chance to see just how useful this app can be for pupils to create and launch project websites - time allowed for questions and answers – final Q and A to address any outstanding queries.