This innovative Summer course has been developed with the aim of improving the SET teacher’s confidence in availing of the many digital technology programs to enhance the learning of pupils with SEN.
If you are currently working as an SET or have been assigned an SET role for the coming school year, this is the ideal opportunity to harness the potential of digital technologies to enhance pupil engagement, to improve literacy and numeracy skills, to reduce challenging behaviour by providing tools to achieve real success and to assist you with diagnostic assessment.
- Explore literacy, numeracy and assessment software and guide you through how to customise until you get the worksheet you need.
- Introduction to literacy and numeracy websites and creating resources for pupils with SEN (SENteacher and Sightwords).
- Adding Google Chrome Apps/Extensions to assist pupils with SEN (Google Dictionary, Chrome Speak, Open Dyslexic font, Read and Write for Google Chrome).
- Using Assessment software with pupils with SEN (Lucid Lass, Lucid Cops, Lexia, SuperSpell, Kahoot, Mentimeter).
- Exploration of summative and diagnostic assessment tools (digital and non-digital) currently in use (Quest, Neale Analysis, MIST and others).
- Exploration of suitable apps for use on tablets or other devices
- Using Google Docs and Slides to support pupils with SEN.
- Using SeeSaw to support pupils with SEN and creating ePortfolios.