Oide is a new support service for teachers and school leaders, funded by the Department of Education, formed from the integration of four existing support services and launched on September 1, 2023.
The Droichead Induction Division supports the induction of primary and post-primary Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) into the teaching profession. This is in line with the requirements of the Department of Education and with the Teaching Council’s policy on induction – Droichead, The Integrated Professional Induction Framework for NQTs (2017).
The main objective of the Droichead process is to support the professional learning of NQTs during the induction phase, thus laying the foundations for subsequent professional growth and learning.
This section of the website provides information and resources for Principals, Professional Support Teams, NQTs and whole-school communities to ensure a quality induction process.
- NQTs must apply for Droichead via the ‘My Registration’ portal on www.teachingcouncil.ie and receive a confirmation email from the Teaching Council prior to registering for Cluster Meeting 1 (CM 1).
- NQTs who attend a cluster meeting without a confirmation email will not receive a Certificate of Completion.
- NQTs are required to attend one cluster meeting (specific to their route of registration i.e. primary or post-primary) per term in sequential order for the duration of their Droichead process.
- The facilitation of CM1 will commence week beginning October 2nd in line with the Droichead Cluster Meeting Calendar 2023.2024 (here).
- NQTs should select and book the CM1 that they wish to attend.
- Please be assured that there will be adequate provision of cluster meetings to meet the demand each term.
- CM 1: All NQTs must first register here
- CM 2 and CM 3: Specific dates and times of online CMs will be available on https://oide-droichead.com/ in Terms 2 and 3.