Debating & Public Speaking
Emma McGrath will provide you with an overview of Debating & Public Speaking in the current classroom set-up.
- How to structure and facilitate a debate whether participating in a school league or Concern Debating Competition
- Dissect a debating topic and begin to formulate your speeches.
- Structure your presentations
- Deliver your speeches to a high standard.
- The rules and protocols used and how to introduce these to your students.
- How to establish Public Speaking competitions within your class or school
Adjudication sheets and material will be shared with participants to give you a deeper understanding of what adjudicators look for.
Emma will also share many hints and tips from her own vast experience in this area. Learning the skills of Debating and Public Speaking is a skill for life and one that is highly beneficial moving forward to Post-Primary School where Classroom Based Assessments are a pivotal part of the Junior Cycle.