Sligo Education Centre is delighted to share with you that a new 2022 round of the Creative Clusters initiative has been announced by the Department of Education. 2022 applications are now open and closing date is Wednesday 13th May 2022.
- Schools can apply as part of a cluster which may be an existing network of schools.
- A school nearing the end of year 2 of an existing Creative Cluster can reapply to be in a new cluster where the other schools in the new cluster have not participated before.
- Schools nearing the end of 2 years with Creative Schools are eligible to apply.
- Sligo Education Centre will have a key role in identifying and supporting a Creative Cluster for the Sligo area.
- A total of 21 Creative Clusters will be selected nationally - one successful Creative Cluster per Education Centre.
Each Creative Cluster will receive grant funding of €3,000 per school over a two-year period to implement their project in the 2022–2024 school years (e.g. a cluster of 3 schools would receive €9,000 over two years while a cluster of 5 schools would receive €15,000 over two years).
Clusters will receive 50% of the total grant funding in Year 1, with the second 50% being provided in Year 2. In addition, but separate to the grant funding, all successful clusters are further supported with:
A fully paid Creative Cluster Facilitator; paid Teacher Substitution to attend training and meetings; room hire, travel & subsistence.
Please see the following link for more details: Creative Clusters gov.ie - Creative Clusters 2022 (www.gov.ie).
Creative Clusters is an initiative of the Department of Education, led by and in partnership with the 21 full-time Teacher Education Centres (Education Support Centres Ireland - ESCI) and funded through the Schools Excellence Fund.