Compassionate Learning Environments- Creating Better Learner Outcomes
Tutor: Dr Gráinne Mulcahy
September 15th (7pm)
James Comer (1995) puts it well:
"No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship."
As a teacher we engage with others all day.
The context in which that engagement happens has a huge impact on both teachers and students.
In this workshop, we will:
- Develop an understanding of Compassionate Education and its role in supporting teacher and student wellbeing to create a better working and learning environment.
- Identify the critical link between learning and our emotions.
- Look at a range of teaching strategies that will support wellbeing and learner outcomes.
- Provide a resources pack to support teachers in their classroom and online teaching.
- Unlimited online support while using the materials provided in this workshop.