Reviewing & Developing SEN Policy
Tutor: Dr Celia Walsh
April 25th (7pm)
Dr Celia Walsh will focus on the following areas:
- Discussion and review of appropriate SEN policy templates
- Potential of 6 step SSE process to be applied in the improvement and development process.
- Reviewing additional needs in our school given current circumstances.
- Examination of the schools ability to support students at risk through remote learning
- Identifying gaps in the knowledge and skills of the school team.
- Identification of the stakeholders to engage in the reviewing of current policy & practice in SEN.
- Selection of suitable data collection methodologies (reflective questionnaires, focus groups, interviews)
- Collating and analysing data, summarising concerns, prioritising areas for focus and development
- Setting of targets, strategies and actions to be undertaken.
- Roles of various school teams and personnel in the implementation of the revised SEN policy
- Mechanisms to monitor the implementation process and to evaluate the impact of the revised practice and procedures going forward