Leaving Cert English - Language Skills
Januray 18th (7pm)
- Comprehension- how to prepare for all three sections; the general understanding, the delivery, timing, volume of information required.
- Special attention to the style question. Key vocabulary required, how to recognise style elements and how they improve the text given.
- Recognising and writing in different language genres; Language of Argument, Narrative writing, Persuasive writing, Aesthetic writing etc.
- Functional Writing- exposure to quality texts. How to create a H1 effort. Structure- explanation of and adherence to IFCR.
- The highest mark earner on the paper- the 100m essay. Guidelines for the two year preparation for this essay.
- A closer examination of the Personal Essay.
- Ingredients for a quality Short Story.
- What does a Descriptive Essay look like?
- Preparing a quality Speech