Introducing Restorative Practice - Post Primary School
January 17th (7pm)
Restorative Practice is a framework for building, maintaining, and repairing relationships in any setting. It has become particularly popular in school settings. It has been adopted by individual teachers and whole schools as a means of improving relationships, behaviour, and learning outcomes.
What is RP?
- It is a set of tools underpinned by a philosophy of mutual respect.
Who is RP for?
- It can be used across a whole school community, embedded as a positive code of behaviour.
- It can be a highly effective tool for individual teacher classroom practice.
- Promoting a positive learning environment and reducing the stress for teachers and their students.
What will this workshop provide?
- The principals underpinning RP.
- The rationale for using RP.
- Simple tools and strategies to get you started.
- Point you in the right direction for further training.
- A comprehensive resource pack to get started with RP.
Who is the facilitator?
Gráinne Mulcahy a fulltime teacher, Chaplain, Restorative Practices Tutor, working in Gorey Community School, and the Adult Education Night School. Certified Holistic Therapist since 1992. Currently completing a Doctorate in Education, TCD. Delivering practical well resources and jargon free professional development since 2009.