Supporting Leaving Cert Students to Make Effective Career Decisions
11th January (7pm)
This training is for parents & guardians of Leaving Cert students who:
- Are confused and want to learn about various career options available to their teenager on leaving post primary school?.
- Are worried and want to reduce the stress their teenager is feeling about making career decisions by supporting them through the process.
- Want to be more informed about all the options available and how to access helpful resources for parents.
Niamh Dwyer will highlight and explain the important things that parents of Leaving Cert students need to know to help their teenager to make effective career decisions by exploring the many options open to them on finishing secondary school. She will cover all of the different career options open to students across further and higher education, apprenticeships, traineeships, flexible training courses and study abroad options. Niamh will walk through how the application procedures work, including applying to the CAO system and the common mistakes made by Leaving Cert students when making decisions about their next step. She will also provide tips on how you can best support your teenager as they make this career decision.
- Niamh Dwyer is a Career Guidance Counsellor with 19 years experience of working at second-level, supporting students in making subject and career choices.
- She is an active member of the Institute of Guidance Counsellors and is currently the chairperson of the Kerry Branch of the Institute.
- She is the founder of My Career Plan, a careers advisory service for teenagers who are making career choices, as well as graduates and adults