Using Cognitive Science In The Classroom
March 2nd & 9th (7pm)
This webinar series will help teachers develop an awareness of how to practically integrate effective, research-backed strategies from cognitive science into your classroom practice.
These strategies are an innovative and effective way of approaching revision or study skills in the classroom so that learning sticks, long term.
In this 2 evening series Clare Madden (The English Teacher @MaddenClare) will explore
- How Learning happens & how learning doesn't happen: Building schema and preventing cognitive load and the forgetting curve.
- Dual coding and graphic organisers: How to organise and present ideas effectively so students understand better and learn more.
- Retrieval practice: Daily strategies to revisit key learning.
- Elaborative Interrogation: engaging strategies to elaborate and expand understanding
- Interleaving & Spaced practice: Retrieval practice strategies that incorporate spaced practice & interleaving to beat the forgetting curve.